Sunday, January 31, 2016

Wedding gift card with money pocket

I made this card as I was invited to a wedding and the couple asked for money instead of a present, I didn't want to just put money on an envelope so I made this, I am so happy with the result and it was very quick and easy to do.


I used the Charlotte paper pack from Close To My Heart and the Charlotte Complements, which I find very elegant, and as always with CTMH it's perfectly coordinated.


I made the stamping in Whisper, also from CTMH and some accents with a Copic marker in Baby skin pink (E21).



For doing the base I chose a 12x12 black cardstock, I cut 3 pieces, the main body is a 12x6 piece which I scored every 4 inches (you get three 6x4 sections) and the sides are 6x4 (x2), I scored a section of 5.5 inches and left a flap of 1/2 an inch. 

It's like a cross diagram, you put the base piece (6x12) vertical and in the middle section you have to glue the flaps, one in each side. And then decor as you want.

I think the result is very cute and turns an impersonal money gift in something special as you can use journaling cards and express your sentiments to the couple.

This also can be used as a mini album and fill it with pictures, your imagination has no limit to use this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment